Go Back   NorCal SVTOA Forums > Featured Forums > General Discussion

General Discussion A place for all members to hang out and talk about almost everything under the sun (no politics or religious discussion allowed). Just keep it clean and friendly.

What's the speed limit?
Old 08-23-2017, 07:30 AM   #1
FiveOGirl
Anna

Default What's the speed limit?

Seriously? Is the posted speed limit just a suggestion? Maybe I'm just getting old, but it seems that people are driving MUCH faster than the posted speed limit and the CHP doesn't care? So how much over the speed limit is acceptable now?

Old 08-23-2017, 11:49 PM   #2
caliboy08
Volvo Super Tech

i am 10-15 over posted limit. if not, i've got people riding my ass in the fast lane. it seems chp looks for drivers weaving and tail gating over speeding. excess speeding, 20 and over is different..

Old 08-24-2017, 05:55 AM   #3
FiveOGirl
Anna

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliboy08 View Post
i am 10-15 over posted limit. if not, i've got people riding my ass in the fast lane. it seems chp looks for drivers weaving and tail gating over speeding. excess speeding, 20 and over is different..
I'm with you at 10-15 and people are still blowing by me and it's not just one particular highway. I spent most of my time in the city so at first I only noticed it when I'd cruise up to AED but now that I'm up north I see it on the 101 north bay. maybe there is a secret speed limit menu I didn't know about

Old 08-24-2017, 02:07 PM   #4
04COBRA408
El Presidente - Ef

ya id say if your under 80 theyve seem to let it slide in recent yrs. I know there has been times Im at 75- 80 and I figured I was caught and done, but nothing...

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

2016 Mustang GT premium - GT perf pack Recaros 401a steeda ultra lite lowering springs ,JLT intake, Diode Dynamics
Cage ,cams, whipple 2004 COBRA AED tuned
2008 Roush 428R Mustang #87of200 sold
NORCALSVTOA.COM - President

Old 08-24-2017, 04:39 PM   #5
FiveOGirl
Anna

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04COBRA408 View Post
ya id say if your under 80 theyve seem to let it slide in recent yrs. I know there has been times Im at 75- 80 and I figured I was caught and done, but nothing...
This seems to be true. In my company vehicle I cruise at 70-73 and I stay in the right lanes and let everyone blow right by me.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:23 PM   #6
caliboy08
Volvo Super Tech

Whether I'm in my work truck or the mach, I'm hovering around 80. My boss is cool with it and said just keep it under 90.

Old 08-25-2017, 05:45 AM   #7
FiveOGirl
Anna

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliboy08 View Post
Whether I'm in my work truck or the mach, I'm hovering around 80. My boss is cool with it and said just keep it under 90.
Under 90 lol, I think my truck would fall apart if I went over 80.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:42 AM   #8
SVT Brian

yup, 80 seems to be the new norm. i stay in that range on my way to work, etc and havent even been looked at.

Old 08-26-2017, 10:58 AM   #9
dwattsup
BLOWN09

Doesn't seem traffic laws are being enforced at all from what I can see. Every time I go out even on a short trip I see people running red lights, turning left in lanes not designated as a turn lane cutting others off, taking lanes that terminate to jump ahead and then force their way over, driving 30 in a 45 zone, stopping in the middle of the road for whatever reason, and the list goes on and on. I'm not a perfect driver and try to be considerate of other drivers , but it's getting ridiculous and it seems more and more people have no respect for traffic laws and at the very least being inconsiderate to other drivers.
AED (Installed & Tuned)
10.08@138.84
www.aedhp.com

Old 08-26-2017, 03:40 PM   #10
FiveOGirl
Anna

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwattsup View Post
Doesn't seem traffic laws are being enforced at all from what I can see. Every time I go out even on a short trip I see people running red lights, turning left in lanes not designated as a turn lane cutting others off, taking lanes that terminate to jump ahead and then force their way over, driving 30 in a 45 zone, stopping in the middle of the road for whatever reason, and the list goes on and on. I'm not a perfect driver and try to be considerate of other drivers , but it's getting ridiculous and it seems more and more people have no respect for traffic laws and at the very least being inconsiderate to other drivers.
This!

Uber drivers!!! I can't stand these freakin drivers!! They are becoming worse than taxi cab drivers! These jerks drive in the bicycle lanes just to get ahead then cut you off! It's so hard to behave and not run these jerks off the road! Also how are you not going to pull into a parking spot instead you're going to block a lane of traffic In SF? One day I'm going to Ram one of these guys! Whew man I really needed to vent lol